7.09.2005

SUGAR, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Whoa. It's Saturday night and I am tired. I feel kind of geeky seeing as how I am not out tonight, but I spent some good time looking around for a potential laptop for college. I also got some really good driving experience. I'll be getting my DL this month. In fact, I must remember to write in my log of driving experience and go to the DMV.

You know, I am considering going to the gym on Saturdays... I have to be in the doors by 12pm in order to workout. That would take a big commitment on my part. The Question is: am I up to it? Well, I'll probably be able to make a decision by tomorrow. I must remember this as well. It's very important.

Today I ate too much sugar! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SUGAR!!!! I think I am going to set a limit of how much I'll have in a day. Luckily, that's all I really ate today. But let's do a recap:

  • 1 Boost High Protein Energy Drink (to rebuild muscle)
  • 1 Starbucks Grande Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino
  • 1 12 oz. Sunkist Soda
  • 1 medium Subway Soda (I forgot which kind of soda it was... I think iced tea)
  • 1 Subway Oatmeal Cookie
  • 1 Subway White Chocolate Chip Cookie
Total calories: 1780
Total carbohydrates: 264 g
Total Sugars: 205 g

OMG, that's kind of ridiculous-- all those calories from just sweets. Good thing I only had sushi today. From looking at various sources, I estimate that that sushi was about 500-600 calories, making my entire input for the day 2280-2380 calories. I've never recorded how much sugar I've consumed in one day. I think I know what I need to work on. These foods were rich in simple sugars, meant for immediate use. But I didn't do any exercises today! So those are going to turn to fat (at least I think). This means I must work extra hard this coming week.

I have to have some boundaries and be conscious of them. For instance, I might limit the days I have sweets, and/or how much I would consume in one day. I don’t want something like today happen again.

I found some neat websites for help in calorie counting and other aspects of my goals:


I've also found a place where I can buy an electronic scale, Wal-Mart. I'll do it tomorrow! Some of them that read body fat and weight look tempting.

Speaking of body fat, I learned that for every 3500 calories you burn, you melt away one pound of fat. So going by this standard, I plan to burn 500 more calories than I intake daily. If I do that for a work week, that's 2500 cals, and If I actually do go the gym on Saturday, then it would ber 3000 cals. I have about 4-5ish weeks left. Everyone's metabolism is different, but going by this, I will be able to loose at least 5 lbs. I'm considering that I would lower my calorie intake to 2100 calories. I again, will come up with a more detailed version of how I'll track this calorie extravaganza. Just for kicks though, lets see how many calories I burned by subtracting my estimate from my RMR:

2380 calories - 2587.5 calories (RMR) = -207.5 calories

Well at least I burned some cals. My total outpout theoretically would be:

(calories consumed) - RMR - (calories burned)

When I get the scale, I'll post some detailed info based on what the scale spits out to me. This will include weight obviously, RMR, BMI, and body fat percentage (if I get a scale that reads it).

lol. Looks like I have a list of things to remember. Just for the record, here they are:

  • Buy a scale tomorrow
  • Remember to go to DMV
  • Make up my mind about Saturdays at the gym
  • Come up with the detailed plan to track progress (perheaps some setup on excel)

Now I must make my way to la-la land.

No comments: