7.07.2005

My Mission

This blog is meant as a means to an end. Specifically, the loss of my weight. As of the last time I checked, I weighed around 279 pounds (I'm buying a scale to get my exact weight). This blog will be a way for me to record my efforts and what specifically I will be doing.

My objective was to loose 50 pounds before I start college. Upon reflection, that's obviously not realistic. But I have started on the right path. My goal is now to loose 5-10 lbs which would be immediately noticeable. I have from now until about august 10. That is a little more than a month.

I've joined the gym at my work and I started working out using the exercise bike and weights. I began this routine around mid-June. But I am making this day, July 7th, my official starting point in which to document this journey in weight loss.

I am only going on a bit of previous knowledge of how to weight train (in terms of what to exercise, form, and other little specifics); however, I just recently discovered a great website that will help me. I am not into becoming a super body-builder, but I do want to burn fat and tone up. You know, I gotta be fit for the ladiez! I think this website will come in handy. I plan to research and carry out correct weight training form and proper nutrition.

Speaking of nutrition, this leads me to the other area I am working on in this journey. You see, I have a bit of a problem overeating, especially when it comes to the amount of sweets I may have in one day. But recently, namely today, I have been making great strides to deal with this. My strategy (as cliche as it might sound) is to watch my calories, and make healthy choices.

I am not a fast-food junkie or truly unhealthy eater, but I do need to work on getting my body more healthy. I'm on a tight deadline, but I know I will be able to loose 5-10lbs and become an overall healthier person. Until my next post,

No comments: