7.07.2005

Routines, Routines, Routines...

Well my current workout routine goes a little something like this:

  • 45 min - 1 hr on the tread mill (cardio, fat burn, or hill plus).
  • 3 sets of 15 reps on several machines that work biceps, triceps, deltoids, and pectorals (30-45 lbs). This takes about another 30 minutes.

Note, I am doing the treadmil everyday, and weight training only 3 days a week.


So after some careful study of some good websites, I am going to make improvements to my routine. I will have a more well established one on record here that I'll update as I get stronger (I hope!).

So the proposed improvements:

  • I might consider doing H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training). which seems quite promising. In fact I think I could incorporate it using the hill plus program on the exercise bike that I used toady!
  • Also, an A.M. 30 min workout would work well, according to this article. I could possibly just add it to my current routine and be able to do 2 workouts as suggested could be done.
  • In terms of weight training, the website I provided in my previous post seems to look good. One particular section should help me with my form, and the direction I shall take with the training.
  • Sleep! I'll need to catch up on my sleep to be more healthy as well. That means no more late nights like this one!
  • Nutrition-wise, I know my goals. I have carbs to give me fuel (simple carbs burn faster for immediate use and complex digest slower) and proteins to rebuild my muscle. If I feel I need to, I might follow some arbitary diet at one point (they all really never work and/or last). I basically eat healthy, but I just have deal with overeating. I'll definetly take a better look at this myself, along with science of it all. I mean, I do plan to become a doctor in case you didn't know!
  • Finally, to fight muscle boredom, I'll have to change-up exercises. Changing the frequency, intensity, or variety of weight exercises shouldn't be hard, but this means otherwise I'll have to try something other than the exercise bike! I'm thinking anything but the treadmill, because my doctor said to loose at least 50 lbs before I start running.

A full fledged plan! Overall this should help me with effective fat burn and muscle building! I will post a new and revised exercise routine soon.

Wow, I got quite a bit done!

No comments: